Briar Bay Community AssociationLEASING PROCEDURES
Application, Orientation & Approval Procedures:
Applications must be received no later than 15 days prior to the expected move-in date. If approval is given by the Briar Bay Board of Directors and/or the Tenant Approval Board, management will perform an orientation with the applicants and provide them with an approval certificate prior to move-in.
- Application: Each applicant 18 years and older must complete an application.
- Application Fees: A non-refundable application fee of $125.00 is required per applicant, 18 years and older.
- Damage Deposit: A damage deposit is required with all lease applications. Deposit shall be held by the Association to pay for any damage to the Common Area or Sub-Association property or other portions of the Property resulting from acts or omissions of tenants. The damage deposit is refundable after the end of the lease term, or when the tenants vacate the unit. $1,500 Deposit Required For : Liberty Bay, Liberty Isles, Sail Harbour, The Tides, Waters Edge $1,000 Deposit Required For : Cove I and Cove II
- Lease Agreement: No lease can be for less than a six (6) month period or more than twelve (12) months.
- Submitting Application: Upon completion of all required forms, please submit application to the on-site property manager for processing at the Briar Bay Clubhouse. All fees, security deposit and required documentation need to be submitted in full before processing application.
LANDLORD APPROVAL CRITERIA:
Homeowner MUST be current with all Master and Sub-Association dues. If the Association accounts are delinquent, management is not permitted to process the leasing application until payment is received in full.
APPLICANT APPROVAL CRITERIA:
All applicants must meet the following minimum criteria for consideration of occupancy.
Please be advised that the Briar Bay Board of Directors and/or the Tenant Approval Board will not approve any person for occupancy in the Briar Bay Community whose background check reveals any one of the following:
- Any history of assault or domestic violence
- Any felony charges and/or convictions within the last ten years
- More than two misdemeanor charges and/or convictions within the last three years
- Sexual predator and/or offender status
Please be advised that the Briar Bay Board of Directors and/or the Tenant Approval Board require specific conditions must be met, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Applicants must not have more than two (2) pets
- Must not have more than three (3) motor vehicles
- Applicants must be legal residents of the United States
- Only those occupants listed on the tenant application form and approved at the tenant orientation are authorized to reside in the unit
- Rental amount may not exceed 36% of the applicants’ verifiable, taxable income
Verifiable income requires one of only the following: check stubs, W2 form or personal tax return.